Dec 29, 2007

Come My Love, Take Care of Me


Come my love, take care of me,
I am in great agony.

Ever separated, my dreams are dreary.
Looking for you, my eyes are weary.
All alone I am robbed in a desert,
Waylaid by a bunch of waywards.

The Mullah and Qazi show me the way,
Their maze of dharma that is in sway.
They are the confirmed thieves of time.
They spread their net of saintly crime.

Their time-worn norms are seldom right,
With these they chain my feet so tight!
My love cares not for caste or creed.
To the ritual faith I pay no heed.

My Master lives on yonder bank
While I am caught in the gale of greed.
With his boat at anchor, He stands in wait
I must hasten, I can't be late.

Bulleh Shah must find his love,
He needn't have the least fright.
His love is around, yet he looks for Him
Misled in the broad daylight.

Come my love, take care of me,
I am in great agony.

- Bulleh Shah

Translated by Kartar Singh Duggal (Source)

No comments: